Advanced level Health and Social Care Apprenticeship is normally a two years programme. It is aimed at people who want to build a career which involves working with people with particular needs, such as any form of physical/mental disability and elderly. You will be required to work independently with your own initiative and at the end of the programme you will develop skills equivalent to a senior care assistant. You may also be leading a small team and progressing into middle management capacity and be required to make important decisions. You will further develop a range of skills relevant to the area of work and in particular the care sector. Communication, relationship building and interpersonal skills will be further enhanced in this role.
- You will be working full time with an employer with possibly a day release to attend college.
- You will studying for a nationally recognised level 2 health and social care qualification.
- You may be required to complete functional skills in maths, English and ICT.
- You will receive a salary based on the national minimum wage for your age group.
- A dedicated trainer/assessor will monitor, oversee and support you throughout the duration of the apprenticeship.
- Successfully completing the apprenticeship provides good progression route into Higher level apprenticeships and career progression.