Intermediate level Health and Social Care Apprenticeship is aimed at people who want to develop a career which involves working with people with particular needs, such as any form of physical/mental disability and elderly. You will learn practical skills such as completing records for individuals, communication, as well as supporting the care, wellbeing and protection of individuals. You will also develop communication and relationship building skills and enhance your interpersonal skills through your regular engagement with the people you are providing care.
- You will be working full time with an employer with possibly a day release to attend college.
- You will studying for a nationally recognised level 2 health and social care qualification.
- You will also complete functional skills in maths, English and ICT (exemptions may apply).
- You will receive a salary based on the national minimum wage for your age group.
- A dedicated trainer/assessor will monitor, oversee and support you throughout the duration of the apprenticeship.
- Successfully completing the apprenticeship provides good progression route into Advanced level apprenticeships and career progression.